Mogadishu, June 11, 2018 – According to reports 15 new Somali political parties have today on Monday registered with the Somalia’s independent electoral commission. These parties have apparently registered for the country’s upcoming 2020 presidential elections.
The registered parties and their leaders or general secretaries are as follows:
- Garsoor Party led by Zakarie Mohamud haji (a legislator of the Somali parliament (Headquarters in Mogadishu).
- Somali national unity party,Led by Salad Ali Jelleh, a former defence minister of Somalia (Headquarters in Mogadishu)
- National party for democracy led by Fawsiya Haji Adan, former minister of foreign affairs (Headquarters in Mogadishu).
- Republican party for Unity under the leadership of Ali Mohamed Tima Addeh (Headquarters in Mogadishu).
- Somali people’s party led by Abdirashid Mohamed Ali (Headquarters in Garoweh, Puntland).
- Somali social unity party led by Yahin Mohamed Moalin (Headquarters in Sweden).
- Progress party led by Suleiman (Headquarters not mentioned).
- Wadajir Party led byKamal Gutaleh. It is a main opposition party (Headquarters in Mogadishu).
- Samu Party led by Aweys Haji Husein Honero, it represents for Somali Bantu (Headquarters in Mogadishu).
- Tiir Party led by Salah Sheikh Osman, the former minister of public works
- Somali moral and development party led by Dr. Mohamed Moalin Hassan.
- Justice and safety party led by Moalin Nur.
- Somali personality and patriotic party led by Mohamud Museh.
- Somali people’s party led by Abdukadir Ameen Ahmad.
- National solution party led by Moalin Ali.
These 15 political parties have registered to contest the 2020 elections. Somalia is Africa’s most corrupted and war torn country. Its politics is currently dominated by clan-based system. It is hoped that a multi-party system will rescue the country from the clan-based policy.
similar posts from my site