Donald Trump’s national security adviser tests positive for coronavirus

WASHINGTON, July 28  – Robert O’Brien, national security advisor for U.S. President Donald Trump, has tested positive for COVID-19, the White House announced on Monday.

A White House official said that Mr O’Brien, who succeeded John Bolton as national security adviser last year, was self-isolating and working from a secure location.

“National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien tested positive for Covid-19. He has mild symptoms and has been self-isolating and working from a secure location off site,” the statement said. “There is no risk of exposure to the President or the Vice President. The work of the National Security Councilcontinues uninterrupted.”

White House economic director Larry Kudlow said that Mr O’Brien had caught the virus while spending time with his family. His daughter, who is of college age, had fallen ill first, he said.

Leaving Washington for North Carolina, where he was due to visit a facility making components for vaccines for coronavirus, Mr Trump said he had not seen Mr O’Brien for some time. The national security adviser’s office is located close to the Oval Office in the west wing of the White House.

Hits: 129

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*